What Is Operation Light?
Because the greatest need in Africa (and around the world) is for souls to be saved, we must see the great need of planting fundamental soulwinning churches that will diligently reach the lost. As a ministry of our church, Operation Light was started to assist in planting over 100 churches in West Africa.
Once national pastors have been trained and are ready to start churches, Operation Light provides full monthly support to the national pastor for three years. Additionally, this ministry helps raise funds for the national pastors to purchase land and eventually build church buildings.
What is Operation Light doing now?
- Church #1: Operation Light assisted in the reorganization of this church in the Apolo region of Takoradi, Ghana, which took place in January of 2019. Operation Light also funded the purchase of property ($20,000) and the church is excited about their new meeting location, which will enable them to reach more people with the Gospel. Operation Light is supporting Pastor Dare’ Olujomoye full-time.
- Church #2: Operation Light is supporting Pastor Augustine Amoah full-time, enabling him to start the Shama Baptist Church in the Shama village in Takoradi, Ghana. The church was started in the fall of 2019.
- Church #3: Operation Light is supporting Pastor Frederick Aidoo full-time, enabling him to start the Fundamental Baptist Church in Aguna Nkwanta region of Takoradi, Ghana. The church was started in the fall of 2019.
- Church #4: After three churches were planted in Ghana, Operation Light has now expanded into Togo, West Africa! Praise God for Immanuel Baptist Church being planted in a village in central Togo. Operation Light has funded this church plant by providing the $5,000 needed to build a church building. Construction on this church building is anticipated being completed by the end of 2020. The expansion of Operation Light into Togo is directly due to the hard work and influence of our veteran missionary to Togo, Emmanuel Goungampo.
What are the current needs for Operation Light?
- Church #1 Pastor Dare’ Olujomoye does have property purchased but needs the funds to build a church building on the property. (cost: $8,000)
- Church #2: Pastor Augustine Amoah has an ample place to meet for church at this time but will soon need a piece of property (cost: $6,500) and a church building. (cost: $5,500)
- Church #3: Pastor Frederick Aidoo has an ample place to meet for church at this time but will soon need a piece of property (cost: $6,500) and a church building. (cost: $5,500)
- There are at least seven men in Ghana, Togo, and Burkina Faso that have been trained and are ready to plant an independent Baptist church in a village or region near them. (Some of these men are already reaching souls and holding Bible studies with their converts.) The average monthly support needed for these men to pastor full-time is $350.
- We are praying for 10 more motorcycles to be purchased for village soulwinning ministries in Togo at a cost of $1,000 each.
The Structure Of This Ministry
Pastor Greg Neal- Founder
Operation Light is a local church ministry based out of Immanuel Baptist Church in Jacksonville, Florida. Due to Pastor Neal’s prayer and vision for souls, this great opportunity has arisen to plant one hundred or more churches in West Africa for the glory of God.
Bro. David Crews- Director
As the primary point of contact for this ministry, Bro. Crews will be communicating regularly with the church planters in Africa and with the supporting churches stateside. His yearly trip to Africa will help ensure better reporting to churches and accountability of national pastors.
Bro. James Ruckman- Veteran Missionary
As a seasoned missionary who has seen scores of souls saved in Africa, he is coordinating the training of the national pastors. He is also key to maintaining accountability of the national pastors regarding their character, work ethic, Bible doctrine, and ﬁnances.